Ingleton Primary School:
- A caring place where everyone feels secure, valued and quality relationships are important.
- A positive place for developing and celebrating high standards.
- A successful place where individuals work hard to fulfil their own potential.
- A place where fairness, equality and diversity are at the heart of all we do.
To keep all our children safe.
To develop pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- promoting pupils’ self esteem and emotional well being so that they respect themselves and others, and can build worthwhile and satisfying relationships developing an appreciation of different beliefs and cultures
- working in collaboration with families and our local community
- developing principles for distinguishing between right and wrong
- passing on enduring British Values so that children grow into caring and responsible citizens
- promoting equal opportunities
- developing an understanding and respect for the environment
- enabling pupils to respond positively to opportunities, challenges and responsibilities and to cope in adversity
- contributing to the development of pupils’ sense of identity through knowledge and understanding of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural heritages of our diverse society, and of the local, national, European and global dimensions of their lives
- preparing them for secondary school and enabling them to appreciate the relevance of achieving outside school and for the rest of their lives
To raise standards of attainment for all our pupils and to provide enjoyable opportunities for everyone to learn and achieve
- equipping children with the essential lifelong learning skills
- building on children’s strengths and interests, developing confidence, independence, collaboration and an appreciation of one another’ s individuality.
- promoting enquiring minds and the capacity to think rationally
- enabling pupils to think creatively and critically, to solve problems and make a difference for the better
- providing a breadth of experiences to develop a range of knowledge, skills and understanding
- developing pupils’ creative potential
- developing physical skills and promoting a healthy and safe lifestyle
- creating a safe place where children feel secure enough to have a go and even make mistakes so that they can learn from them.